Suggest remedy for severe back pain

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: My lower back is very painful when I walk, sit, or lay. The pain level is about 3. I have tried heat and aleve but it is still hurting.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management accordingly

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Lower back pain not responding to NSAIDs, heating pads etc should be worked up for any compressive neuropathy like disc bulge etc.

At age of 54 in women, mostly age related articular degenerations are the cause of such pain. I would recommend an MRI of lumbo sacral spine to rule out any disc or nerve involvement. Once confirm, arthropathies related to age needs conservative management like NSAIDs, epidural steroids, calcium supplements and vitamin D complex. Physiotherapy exercises always help.

Talk to your doctor and let them clinically correlate your symptoms for the cause. Meanwhile rest, lie on flat surface, take some skelaxin along with aleve, see if it helps.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan