Suggest remedy for severe back pain after back injury

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Picked up my 35 pound daughter 2 days ago and my back popped and now i have sever back pain to where moving sitting walking crawling is very difficult and very painful what might this be and do i need to go to hospital?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle strain likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain seems to be due to a muscle strain. There can be a small tear in the muscle fibers also. The pain will improve with NSAID (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Agents) - like ibuprofen, diclofenac, celecoxib and so on. Sometimes they can cause stomach irritation in some people - Take them after food. Simple Paracetamol alone and or in combination could also help.
At times, a muscle relaxant - like chlorzoxazone or methocarbamol - is added.
You can get a proper prescription from your General Physician.
Good posture at work and home are important in the long term. Yoga can help.
Go for massage, fomentation and physiotherapy - if severe.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal