Suggest remedy for severe abdominal cramps after gall bladder removal surgery
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
Diarrhea is one of the complications of gallbladder removal. It is bile acid induced and usually stops by itself over varying period of time.
But usually it is not associated with cramps.
Since you have diarrhea associated with cramps, it may not be bile acid induced and could be due to infection. A stool test may be done to confirm it.
She can take a course of metronidazole and probiotics for relief.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal cramping after anesthesia
- Symptoms of severe abdominal cramping
- Abdominal cramps after iui
- Treatment and cure for severe abdominal cramping
- Abdominal cramp after meprate
- Abdominal cramps after mifegest
- Abdominal cramping after turp
- Diagnosis of severe abdominal cramping
- Severe abdominal cramping causes
- Severe abdominal cramps and diarrhea