Suggest remedy for rubella infection

Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 12 Feb 2015 in General Health
Question: We had did some test for blood during pregnancy, what is mean by Rubella Test ?

Lab Test Result for Rubella test came +Ve and it came 290 iu /ml. Is there any thing to worried about it ? what are the precautions for it ?
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Test showing rubella infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..
I understand your concern..

Rubella test is done to detect past/present infection with rubella virus.. I need to know whether you have done rubella IgG or rubella IgM..

IgG indicates past infection and prevents infection in the present pregnancy.. So if IgG is positive, it is good.. IgM indicates recent infection.. Recent infection is likely to affect the fetus causing congenital anomalies..

Looking forward for your reply.. Good day..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 37 minutes later
" Query for Dr. XXXXXXX Muraleedharan" Thanks for reply Doctor, We did not did any test for IgM and In our test report its Rubella IgG, serum by ELFA is POSITIVE . My Question is do we need to do IgM test as well ? is it compulsory to check about it ?
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not necessary

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..

It is not necessary to do a rubella IgM unless you have a recent history of fever with rash.. IgG indicates past infection and high titre indicate that you are unlikely to be affected by rubella in this pregnancy.. So dont worry..

Hope i have answered your query.. good day..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 21 minutes later
" Query for Dr. XXXXXXX Muraleedharan" As she is in her 22nd week of pregnancy , and now we are in Qatar Country and we will travel to XXXXXXX by PLANE on 13 Th of Feb 2015 ( Next Month ) which will be her 25th week, Can she travel 4 hours in plane ? and what precautions she need to do while travelling ?
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scan normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi ,
Thanks for writing..

If the scan is normal and placenta not low lhing, she can travel.. There is no problem.. Avoid jerky roads..Take progesteronr support...

Hope I have answered your query.. Good day..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj