Suggest remedy for ring worm infection

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 23 Feb 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello dr this is XXXXXXX i am suffering feom ring worm for past 8 months it drys up and again ot occurs tried out all the possible kind of medicine .currently having nuforce 400 evey week itz been 3 months now .plz suggest.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to low immunity.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for asking Health care magic forum.

I have gone through your query. Your recurrent fungal infection- ring worm can be due to low immunity state. It is better to check your blood sugar levels to rule out Diabetes.

For the condition like yours if you were my patient i advise terbinafine solution to apply twice daily ,ketoconazole soap or powder to use daily and fluconazole 400 tab that is nuforce to use weekly once for 3 months. In case fluconazole oral tab is not working then I advise terbinafine tab once a day for 4 weeks.But Liver function should be monitored while taking terbinafine. Talk to your doctor about this.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 6 hours later
dr can u suggest little strong application medicine .
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Terbinafine is a strong application medicine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for your follow up query.

Terbinafine is a powerful topical preparation. It is available as cream or solution for local application.You can get it by local doctor prescription.

Let me know if anything not clear. I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju