Suggest remedy for redness on replaced knee

Question
I have had a knee replace and my leg has redness and my sometimes get a little biger today I worked in yard also I worked 25 years on legs on feeted and varicose too I,m 65 now and weight 190 5/1/2 ft tall also acidflux and ibs too
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need management

Detailed Answer:
Thanknrest for asking
knee replaced with redness and swelling is all explained by the recent activity when you need rest for the recovery and you are using it for tough jobs like lawn moving.super added by the overweight issue imagine the knees supporting 190 pounds in its fragile state when recently replaced. You need to lose weight.
That weight is also responsible for reflux and ibs. Lose weight and I promise 50 % of the issues will resolve spontaneously.
Modify diet and lifestyle. For gerd
Lose weight.

Avoiding alcohol, chocolate, citrus juice, and tomato-based products
Avoiding peppermint, coffee, and possibly the onion family
Eating small, frequent meals rather than large meals
Waiting 3 hours after a meal to lie down
Refraining from ingesting food (except liquids) within 3 hours of bedtime
Elevating the head of the bed 8 inches
Avoiding bending or stooping positions.
Above measures will help your reflux
For ibs a little work up is needed to sort out the cause.increase fiber intake reduce fat intake and lose weight.
Dietary measures may include the following:
Fiber supplementation may improve symptoms of constipation and diarrhea
Polycarbophil compounds (eg, Citrucel, FiberCon) may produce less flatulence than psyllium compounds (eg, Metamucil)
Judicious water intake is recommended in patients who predominantly experience constipation
Caffeine avoidance may limit anxiety and symptom exacerbation
Legume avoidance may decrease abdominal bloating
Lactose and/or fructose should be limited or avoided in patients with these contributing disorders
Although evidence is mixed regarding long-term improvement in GI symptoms with successful treatment of psychiatric comorbidities, the XXXXXXX College of Gastroenterology has concluded the following:
Psychological interventions, cognitive-behavioral therapy, dynamic psychotherapy, and hypnotherapy are more effective than placebo
Relaxation therapy is no more effective than usual care
Pharmacologic agents used for management of symptoms in IBS include the following:
Anticholinergics (eg, dicyclomine, hyoscyamine)
Antidiarrheals (eg, diphenoxylate, loperamide)
Tricyclic antidepressants (eg, imipramine, amitriptyline)
Prokinetics
Bulk-forming laxatives
Serotonin receptor antagonists (eg, alosetron)
Chloride channel activators (eg, lubiprostone)
Guanylate cyclase C (GC-C) agonists (eg, linaclotide)
Antispasmodics (eg, peppermint oil, pinaverium, trimebutine, cimetropium/dicyclomine).
Seek a gastroenterologist for further management of ibs and orthopaedic for knee assessment.also consider some physiotherapy exercises for the trouble.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX