Suggest remedy for red rashes and tiny bumps near the anus

Posted on Thu, 21 Dec 2017 in Ayurveda
Question: My baby is six weeks old, there are bright red rash and a few tiny bumps on his skin near his butt crack and fold between legs. Paediatrician said that this is because of acidic poop. And had prescribed virgin coconut oil to be applied there. Even after a few days, there isn’t much difference in his condition.
I have recently started applying Seba med diaper rash cream after washing his poop. The redness has decreased after using this. Is there any Ayurvedic remedy for this condition?

He been diagnosed with thrush a few weeks ago. He had a few white patches on lips and has white patches on as well. our paediatrician had prescribed candid mouth paint for the baby. It had cleared after a few days, but still one or two white patches can be seen in the inside of his cheek.
Is there any Ayurvedic remedy for treating thrush?

My baby is extremely gassy, his stools are watery. Along with these rashes, I have observed some changes in his stools, earlier it had seed like appearance, now there isn’t much. Is the acidic nature related to some changes in my breastmilk? The baby is exclusively breastfed. Is there any medicines I can consume to help decrease his gas?
Is it ok to consume arishtam, balanta kadha? Paediatrician said that my medicines may be causing his problems, so I have stopped these for a week.

Should I make any change my food as well? I have a spoon of ghee with rice . I do avoid peas, potato, Channa etc. doesn’t have appams with fermented batter.

His weight at birth was 2.9 kg, at fifth week it was 4 kg. Is he gaining enough weight?

I am in XXXXXXX so please prescribe remedies available here.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
necessary information

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting with your health concern and going by the age [6 weeks] make sure to change/add any medicine/herb strictly under Pediatrician supervision and also because he is breastfeeding consult OBG/GYN doctor for drugs which are considered safe during lactation.

1. since it was diagnosed as 'acidic poop' thus you may apply Himalaya baby diaper rash cream, as it contains
- natural zinc [antiseptic and astringent properties]
- almond oil [excellent skin softener]
- aloe vera [ antibacterial]

2. I usually don't recommend or prescribe any medicine for oral thrush in infant rather:

- application of yogurt swab in the oral cavity of the baby as well as on mother's nipple
- clean the nipples and XXXXXXX dry before breastfeeding.
- saline water rinse.

3. You can safely use balanta kadha no. 3 [given from 21st day after delivery to 60 days] will take care of the gas problem.

4. Regarding your diet or food changes please refer to earlier consultation given on XXXXXXX 17th, 2017

5. from 0-3 months there should be a gain of 175-210 gram per week [so for me he is gaining weight even then consult your Pediatrician]

Dr. Munish
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist