Suggest remedy for recurrent fever in a 6 year old
Any help would be very much appreciable.
Seems to be due to a viral infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. Please be patient, as even if it is due to a bacteria, irrespective of use of antibiotics, it should spontaneously resolve in 5-7 days. steam inhalation to your child. Gurgling with lukewarm water is the mainstay of treatment and should provide relief. You need to give paracetamol (Crocin DS) to bring down the temperature. If paracetamol is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use Meftal-P [mefenamic acid] which is more effective. However, I do not think that they need to be used simultaneously. Also use tepid sponging. Giving some antiallergic like cetirizine will take care of the runny nose.
The fever is unlikely to subside by tomorrow. You need to be patient. However you are free to investigate.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of recurrent fever
- Treatment and cure for recurrent fever
- Chronic recurrent fever causes
- Recurrent fever and headachein 5 year old
- Symptoms of chronic recurrent fever
- Recurrent fevers in toddlers
- Diagnosis of chronic recurrent fever
- Recurrent fever of unknown origin
- Recurrent fever causes
- Recurrent fever in adults