Suggest remedy for recurrent cold

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: hi..i am suffering from cold frequently..i consulted a doc who told i got allergic to outside food. and i took all medicines he advised. but after one week i again got cold.
can you tell me what can be done to protect it
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to air borne allergen

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcare-magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

Majority of respiratory infection are cause due to viral infection. Viral infection may cause persistent hyper reactivity of airway causing residual symptoms.

I would suggest you the following which will be helpful if followed regularly and religiously

1. Steam inhalation: Preferably using electronic steamer which are available in local pharmacy. Do the steam inhalation for 10-15 minutes twice a day. Continue doing it . It will be helpful for facial complexion and also reduce the upper airway congestion

2. Oral Vitamin C supplement

3. Avoid exposure to dust and pollution

4. Use of Cetirizine tablet taken daily once of 2 weeks will be helpful

If the symptoms still persist then do consult your physician for further clinical examination and assessment

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Shobha Deepak