Suggest remedy for rashes on face after using Adapalene

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My wife has applied Adapaline on her face because of Acne. Now, she got infection/rashes on her face. please see the attached pics and suggest what to do?
thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Skin is peeling

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query.

I have seen your photographs and it seems more like peeling. It does not seem like infection. Peeling is beneficial when we want to remove the damaged, dark skin so that the new skin grows.

The issue that may happen with this process is that the new skin sometimes may become sensitive. It means that it may become red easily. So do not apply any harsh chemicals to the new skin for some time. Especially avoid cosmetics, hard soaps, medicines etc. Also avoid frequent washing of face. The skin will recover in a few days after stopping the treatment. Applying cold creams that have glycerine will help.

Hope it helps.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Vaishalee Punj