Suggest remedy for rashes on arms
do I need to check if this is poison ivy? and if so, is there a medication need to be taken for poison ivy?
allergy reaction to be treated as following
I have gone through your medical history and the photo you provided carefully and can say that the rash appeared on both of your arms are due to allergic reaction. Bacterial infection is common due to itching.
I advise to :
- keep the area well clean
- apply a mixture of cream containing steroid (e.g. hydrocortisone ) with an antibiotic (e.g. mupirocin) for at least 2 weeks
If you do not see any improvement for the first days of starting medications locally, then should consult with a dermatologist as you might need oral meds.
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red pimple rash thats spreading suggest me the remedies
- Have rash on arms chest and back no itching remedy
- Suggest treatment for rash on arms and back
- Suggest treatment for pin prick rash on face and arm
- Skin rashes on hands please suggest remedy
- Have rash in arm pit and chest remedy
- Suggest home remedies for rashes on stomach and chest area
- My penis rash please suggest me remedy
- Infant has itchy rashes on face suggest remedy
- Rash on arms spreading towards elbow itchy and inflamed remedy