Suggest remedy for rashes on ankles

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Yes, I have a fine red rash on my ankles up to my shins very itchy. Allergy? Or something else?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Contact dermatitis. Continue the treatment you are on for three days

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query, based on the information I think it might be contact dermatitis.
Have you come in contact with something unknowingly, that might be responsible for your symptom.it would be better if you can upload picture for better assessment.

How long you have been facing this problem.
I would suggest you to wash the are with XXXXXXX warm water and use mild soap like dermadew soap.

Continue to use antiitch cream that you are using, and take benedryl tablet for 3 days. You should be fine.

I hope this helps, I'll be glad to help you with further query.

I
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj