Suggest remedy for rashes and loose stool

Question
Hi Doctor,
My 4 month baby boy has reddness in buttocks with some cracks. Also he is passing very small stools many a times. His doctor prescribed t bact and candid to apply on rashes alternately every four hours. for loose stools we are giving him ofloxacin and electrogerina oral suspension . is it ok . i m concerned about side effects of too many medicines. please advose
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be stomach bug

Detailed Answer:

I think your baby is suffering from some infection in the stomach. Most of them are viral but as you have already started with antibiotics, complete the course.

Zinc may also be given for faster recovery.

Redness in the buttocks is due to irritation by frequent stools.
Do not rub the area, just wash with water and let it dry on its own.

Avoid top feed, give only breast milk.

If I will be the treating doctor I would have recommended Nadibact plus cream in place of two creams you mentioned for 2 to 3 days and some regular dusting powder on the red area.

Once loose motion stops the area will become normal.

Do not worry about the side effects and continue the medicines.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help you.

Regards.