• question-icon

Suggest remedy for pulled muscle in upper back

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I think I pulled a muscle in my upper back last Saturday playing with my grandson. The pain seems to be right behind my right shoulder blade. If I press on it the pain is clearly evident. Aleve did not work well in reducing the pain, while 3 regular strength aspirin did help. Can I take Aleve and aspirin and/or ibuprophen at the same time? How long can I take 3 aspirin tablets a day before it is dangerous.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to take muscle relaxant

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. I think you have back muscle spasm. Taking aleve or aspirin is not sufficient. You need to take muscle relaxant like Myospaz or Myoril. Alevel or aspirin is safe if it is taken less then one to two tablet daily for one week. Brufen is safest of pain killer. But make sure that you are not taking it empty stomach.
Apart from pain killer tablet you can also use hot water fomentation and volitran ointment. I would suggget you to take muscle relaxant with consultation with your physcian. Do not take more then two tablet aspirin any day.
I hope this answer will be useful for you. let me know if there is any other followup questions. thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement