Suggest remedy for pressure on the stomach

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: really bad stomach acid in top center of stomach fell like pressure.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
combine with another medication

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Omeprazole is in the family of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. They can prevent future acid production but do not affect the level of acid already present in the stomach.

For this reason they can take a few days to have an effect while the acid that has already been made, goes away.

It can take up to 5 days , in some cases, for a peak response.

Though this family of medication is the best medication for this type of complaint in the long run, initially you might want to combine it with a medication such as pepcid or zantac for the first 5 to 7 days.

These would suppress acid already present

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow up: Dr. Michelle Gibson James 16 minutes later
Thanks for your answer that helps didn't know what to do and I will do this . Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi

No prob, feel free to contact with any other queries
Dr. Michelle Gibson James