Suggest remedy for pre menstrual cramps

Posted on Fri, 7 Nov 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi, I'm 30 y.o. and TTC. My last period cycle was 44 days, had multiple blood/HCG tests and a pelvic ultrasound. The HCG level XXXXXXX from 5 to 13 (in about 4 days gap) then down to 3 (this is after I finally got my period on 22/09/2014). What caused the rise in HCG level?

Ultrasound results came back normal. But the past 4 days I've been having mild cramping/twinges on my lower abdomen. If this period cycle is going on my supposedly 'average 34 days', could these be pre-menstrual cramps which is 10 days before period - is this normal? Reason for asking is because I never felt this kind of cramps and usually I would have them the day before period.

Many thanks!
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No Pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) This hCG level indicates negative pregnancy.

2) Beta hCG values need to be more than 50 for pregnancy.

3) These small variations between 5 to13 are not significant to be called as pregnancy and occur due to small hormonal changes in the body.

4) The cramps you are feeling are premenstrual and not to worry. This is normal.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist