Suggest remedy for polydipsia

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: What does it mean when you have excessive thirst. What I mean Is I'll drink a glass of water literally 1 min later still thirsty.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
few possible causes

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
First, it may mean nothing, especially in your age and if you do sport.
Second, if there is some associated symptoms such as excessive urination or sweating then it may indicate certain disorders. In first place, related to your kidneys or hormonal values (insuline, ADH or cortisol). I dont see emergency but you shoud see nephrologist and endocriologist if this persist. you need to check blood sugar, urine analysis and hormone values. Till that ,try not to drink more than 2.5 liters of fluids per days unless you do sport. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 minutes later
One more question..i recently had protected sex and my semen is yellowish color is that normal
I also have an itch in my rectum or around it.. What can cause it. It also comes and goes.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Yellowish semen isnt indicating any disease if there is no pain or fever or lumps in genital area.
Rectum itch may be caused by hemorrhoids,fissures or abscess. you need to see proctologist for further evaluation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D