Suggest remedy for pinworm infection

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Infections
Question: I might have pin worms. I think I have had it for 2 or 3 months I'm not sure. I have stomach pains and 2 of my family member have pin worms they found in there poop. I would rather not take any pharmaceutical drugs to treat it. is there any natural remedies you can suggest or maybe some kind of intestine clense.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
worm infestation needs deworming

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and I understand your concern. With worm infestation I am afraid you will need de worming with an antihelminthic drug . It should once dosage so i think you should consider It.
Regarding home remedies, They are more of a preventive value rather than curative one and mostly comprise of hygienic measures like washing anal area specially in the morning when the eggs are freshly laid there by pinworms. Washing hands, laundering in hot hot water, changing underwear and bed linen daily.
Talk to your doctor and let them decide what is best for you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
Regards XXXXXXX