Suggest remedy for pimples on inner thighs

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 23 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor

I have one partner for the last 10 months
I have just started getting these bumps on my inner thigh and in between my bum crack and pubic area. Almost 2 weeks ago I got a XXXXXXX wax with lycon.

What is this? Does not itch and they do not pop.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibly molluscum contagiosum

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern.
According to your description and pictures the lesions could be possibly molluscum contagiosum, caused by virus called molluscum virus.
It can be caused by skin to skin contact with infected person or coming into contact with infected materials etc.
After contracting the infection, the lesion may appear in two to seven weeks.
Usually this infection is self limiting. If the lesions are persisting, better to consult dermatologist once and get examined.
By examination, the exact cause of the lesion can be identified and treated.
If needed doctor can remove the lesions by methods like cryotherapy, laser therapy etc.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Thank you. I am at a doctor walk in now.

Should i not be having sex with my partner?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes, better to maintain abstinence till the lesions dissappear as those are contagious.