Suggest remedy for persistent weakness and acute insomnia

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: To Dr Suresh-For second opinion-I am having a lot of sweating weakness and frequent weight changes these days.Also suffering from irregular sleep and feeling disturbed very quickly without any reason.I am married and have 2 girl children.I have tubectomies 2years back and have regular periods for every 30 days.Need your suggestions.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible thyroid disorder?Need further tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I can certainly understand your concern.

I apologise for the delayed response owing to my hectic work schedule.

Your symptoms largely point to underlying thyroid disorder.

It is very important to rule this out at the earliest.

For this, I advise you to go for Complete Thyroid profile with Complete blood picture and Serum electrolytes.

Further management is based on test results.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 7 hours later
Thank you doctor, I am hypothyroid, TSH is 27.What should i do
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
External thyroxine supplementation is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

In a case of documented Hypothyroidism, pro-thyroid therapy is indicated.

You need to take external thyroxine supplementation.

I generally recommend my patients oral tablets of Eltroxin for 3 months initially with a follow up with serum TSH test.Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe them to you.

Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 minute later
Ok doctor, I will ask my doctor to prescribe these medicines, will this cause permanent thyroid failure?
Brief Answer:
It will not cause permanent thyroid failure

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

This will not cause any permanent failure.

If appropriately treated with Eltroxin, a cure is possible.

You need not worry about it.

Thank you

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 10 minutes later
okay dr.......I feel relieved.
Will these drugs ahave any side effects?For long should I take
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should be taken on empty stomach

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

These drugs do not have any side effects when taken in required doses and duration.

This drug has to be taken on empty stomach.

Follow up with Tsh levels ahs to be periodically done.

Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 0 minute later
Can you recommend me a good doctor in Navi Mumbai?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
xxxxxxxxx

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Madam.

I am here providing you with the details.
xxxxxxxx XXXXXXX xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxXXXXXXX - 000000
000000000000

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx