Suggest remedy for persistent vomiting in a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 18 Jan 2016 in Child Health
Question: My 4 yr old threw up 3 times yesterday morning and then was fine. The same thing happened last Sunday around noon... Then was fine. What could be going on? Both times he hadn't eaten breakfast and nothing out of the ordinary.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Your child could either be suffering from gastritis or food poisoning. In case of the latter, crampy abdominal pain is also likely to be present. In absence of the abdominal cramps, gastritis is more likely. Ideally a clinical examination was essential in order to pinpoint to the location of the pain as well as to distinguish other possible causes involving the gall bladder and pancreas.

The stomach acids are secreted all throughout the day and night. So skipping meals or long gaps between meals can trigger gastritis.

I would insist you to visit a doctor and to get him carefully evaluated.