Suggest remedy for persistent vertigo

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have been to a bunch of doctors and have had blood work, scans, etc. but i have yet to find out what has been going on with me. I have been dizzy for the past two weeks and its worse when i bend over and i feel a heaviness or pressure feeling in my face and on the left side of my head. My scalp is a little tender towards the back of my head a little bit behind my left ear. I have been to the sinus doctor numerous times and he keeps telling me my ears look okay. The only thing i can say that are similar to what i have is vertigo i guess but the room doesn't spin i just lose balance a little bit. What else is there that could be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Go for vestibular battery test

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query; and suggest you that you may go for the vestibular battery test to rule out the cause of your vertigo.

For your kind information either vertigo may be due to central pathology or peripheral but to rule out these and to reach the near diagnosis; it is absolute necessary to go for the above mentioned battery.

If pure tone audiometry and impedance audiometry are within normal limit and no symptom such as tinnitus, heaviness in the ear then most probably not related with your ear.

Please send me the all reports to me for better diagnosis.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 38 minutes later
i have one scheduled for october 6th will let you know the outcome
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your follow up query; and you are most welcome after your schedule with your doctor.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad