Suggest remedy for persistent sinus congestion
Supportive care and rest.
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Congested sinues some times can be a challenge and may take time to resolve. saline nasal spray, use of decongestants, plenty of fluids intake, frequent sinus irrigation with saline or tap water, regular blowing of nose and use of some anti inflammatory medication and if slight fever even, use of antibiotics prophylactically. Nasal steroids sprays are preferable along with saline sprays to make things quick in recovery.
Usually at age of 71 sinuses may take longer than normal to clear but i am sure they will with just supportive care and surgical drainage wont be necessary. Stay compliant with the medications and use home remedies like warm comforting beverages for drink like herbal tea mixed with honey, steam inhalation, use of humidifier etc.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for sinus congestion
- Persistent cough blocked sinus s
- Nasal sinus congestion please suggest
- Suggest medicines and remedies for allergic cold or sinusitis
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion due to sinus
- Sinus congestion sweats fatigue cough sinus pressure
- Suggest treatment for sinus drainage and chest congestion
- Suggest remedy for continuing nasal obstruction and chronic sinusitis
- Having persisting sinusitis and fever on antibiotics fungal sinusitis
- What medication is suggested to cure sinus congestion