Suggest remedy for persistent pain on legs and hands with blurry vision

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi. For over a year i have been trying to figure out what is gling on with my body
I have had brain scans and abdominal scans pelvic scans. Blood test thyroid test ans gall bladder test. Heart test everthig. But a test for a blockage. Even had a partial hysterectomy/ and colonoscopy All negative. I stay in pain when sitting it feels like pain radiates through my abdominal and. Back. Its like a sore hurt. My legs hurt. I am only 46. My legs hurt inside the top inner thigh area and under my arm down towards elbow. Worse on meft side if i sit for too long when i stand up it take a minute to get my legs to feel normal. I used to love walking and zumba but now after a short distance my thighs start feeling like balloons a swell. Now it has moved into my hands and fingers. They hurt all the time and at night they feel like baloons. Tonight my legs are really aching and my toes are cold. I am so tired of going to the doctor ans being told nothing is wrong. I am not that over weight but have gained 10 pounds with allnthis. At 155 now. I am 5"5.
Things that make it worse if i cross my leggs and something puts pressure on the leg. And now same with hand
Please Help. I dont know where to go. I went to foot doctor thursday. He is sending me for a PAD test next week but he said he thinks i need to see a vein doctor. I think i need a witch doctor. Haha. The nerologist said fibromyalgia. I wont take any medicine. On a guess. Other symptoms. Is vision has gone from 20-20 to blurry on and off.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D and Vitamin B 12 deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns. I sincerely empathise with you for the sufferings you are going through.

In my opinion the symptoms you have can occur with Vitamin D and Vitamin B 12 deficiency. So please get these vitamin levels checked.
Please do get your bone densitometry done to find out if you have osteoporosis. I do know that you are young and too early to have osteoporosis. Since osteoporosis can cause similar symptoms please get it done. If you have osteoporosis on densitometry scan, we can look for the cause later.
As regards eye problem please consult Ophthalmologist. I hope your blood pressure is normal.
For the symptoms you have a second consultation with neurologist is worthwhile.

I hope this helps. If you have further queries I will be happy to answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Answered by
Dr. Ramadevi Wani


Practicing since :1985

Answered : 1313 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Bone densitometry

doctor1 MD

Hello I am 65 yr old medical history of osteo arthritis brain tumor removal non cancerous acoustic neuroma which left me deaf in my right ear;...

doctor1 MD

My mother got patela fracture , we consulted orthopedic who suggested for 20 days bed rest .She has alreadyd patela fracture 3 years back for which...

doctor1 MD

rib pain - both sides - mild - previously diagnosed as costochondritis 10 years ago but returned BP and heart rate normal no acute pain

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

123 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction