Suggest remedy for persistent pain in joints when suffering from hypothyroidism
My mother aged 57, is suffering from Hypothyroidism and RA for almost 8 years. She is on Folitrax (5-12.5 mg)/wk, Folfite 5mg/wk, Calten-D, and Eltroxin-100mg/daily, and some excises.
Her pain in joints still persists, and one big toe is getting deformed.
So, doctor suggested to increase Folitrax to 20mg and Folfite daily, also suggested HCQS-200mg/daily.
During these years of medication her internal strength and stamina has drastically reduced to almost 20% of her capacity.
Because of this is very sad to see that her life is getting shorter b/c of these heavy medicine.
In light of this I have following questions:
1. Double use of HCQS and Folitrax will further decrease her internal strength, so pls, suggest any other work around that her strength is maintained as well as her RA remains under control.
2. What effects – pros/cons of daily dose of Folfite 5mg?
3. Any other alternates technique so that her internal health is maintained as well as her RA remains under check.
a. Life style
b. Food to take or avoid
Thank you very much.
The medication is appropriate.
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well going through your entire problem I think your mother is receiving adequate treatment although the dose of Folitrax needs to be increased to 15 mg once a week as she is still having joint pains.
Folitrax and HCQS is a commonly used combination and wont decrease her internal strength, only she needs to be monitored for the side effects.
Folvite is a vitamin that is given daily to reduce the side effects of Folitrax, it has no role in arthritis as such.
Regular physiotherapy will benefit her most.
Avoid fatty foods as weight gain leads to difficulty in arthritis patients .
We dont have expertise in ayurveda or homeopathy so cant suggest you on same.
Any other doubts we will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypothyroid and ear pain
- Is stopping thyronorm advisable when suffering from hypothyroidism
- Are profuse sweating and severe joint pain symptoms of hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism and jaw pain
- Hypothyroidism and lymph node pain
- Hypothyroid is killing me suggest me remedy
- Suffering from hypothyroidism suggest diet and precautions
- Hashimotos hypothyroidism chest pain
- Pain in abdomen elevated esr suffering from hypothyroid spondylitis suggestions
- Suffering from hypothyroidism and cervical vertebrae pain