Suggest remedy for persistent nausea

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I was nauseated all day yesterday off and on and I threw up around 1 am this morning, and a few hours after I threw up I started my period. I am sexually active and don't use any protection or birth control (besides the pull out method). I had been expecting my period but I thought it was supposed to come earlier than it did. I was just wondering if I might be pregnant? Or if I just caught some stomach bug?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy and stomach infection can both be possible in your case.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
I read your notes. Pregnancy and stomach infection can both be possible in your case.
Sometimes period can be delayed and this is normal. In that case vomiting is due to infection or is just a premenstrual symptom.
Since you are not using effective contraception pregnancy is a possibility specially if this period what you have is lighter than your regular period pattern. Pregnancy test only can confirm or refute this. So get a pregnancy test done
I hope this helps. If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN