Suggest remedy for persistent nausea and vomiting

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: 4HK247177K0000
At age 18 had a severe reaction to alcohol due to over drinking. Vomited for about 6 days multiple times a day. Ever since then, for the past 5 years, the nausea and vomitting recurs every 3 months or so for 1 or 2 days. Sometimes thinking it's because of eating perhaps not the healthiest food - which most of the time is the diet but doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Have had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy, blood tests. Results are normal. It's very difficult to hold down a full time job being sick multiple times a year and nauseated most of the time. Any ideas? Thx
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vomiting is due to dietary disturbances

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

These symptoms are not of major concern as both colonoscopy and gastroscopy came out normal.

The inconsistent episodes of nausea and vomiting are related to the dietary disturbances.

Taking antiemetics on PRN basis and checking the quality of food is all that is needed in your case.

For this, I recommend tab Domperidone SR. Please check with your physician if he can prescribe the same to you.

Maintain a clean and a healthy diet.

Post your further queries if any.

Thank you.