Suggest remedy for persistent joint pain and spasms

Dr. Karl Logan

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am a 22 year old female who has been suffering with increasing joint pain since I was 17. It started with muscle spasms in just my legs but has become generalized mild pain in my arms and legs. Exercise makes it alot worse. Been to many doctors, general, rheumatologist, neurologist, allergist and they have found nothing but a small increase in inflammation in my body. But I keep feeling worse. Fatigue, muscle and joint pain, no motivation, sleep most of the day and I am worried. I shouldn't feel like this at 22. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be or what kind of doctor I can see?
Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic fatigue syndrome u

Detailed Answer:
hi thanks for your question. your symptoms sound consistent with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Chronic fatigue syndrome is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that can't be explained by any underlying medical condition. The fatigue may worsen with physical or mental activity, but doesn't improve with rest.

The cause of chronic fatigue syndrome is unknown, although there are many theories — ranging from viral infections to psychological stress. Some experts believe chronic fatigue syndrome might be triggered by a combination of factors.

There's no single test to confirm a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome. You may need a variety of medical tests to rule out other health problems that have similar symptoms. Treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome focuses on symptom relief.

I hope this answers your question

best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D