question-icon

Suggest remedy for persistent itchy rash

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016
Question: I have a rash that wont go away. Its itchy (really itchy) when i touch it only. I trieed antifungal creams and regular lotion but nothing helps!
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Contact dermatitis??

Detailed Answer:

Generally antifungal topical treatments respond the fungal infection of the skin. If they are not responding then we should think of other causes, especially contact dermatitis as in your case.

There is a possibility of the same in your case. You may try Hydrocortisone over the counter cream over the spots. If it responds you can continue or else please see a local doctor for stronger topical steroids and / an oral prescription of steroids.

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam