Suggest remedy for persistent hiccups
Following answer to your query.
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your husband concerns.
Hiccups are an unvoluntary spasm of diaphragm muscle and it may be caused to:
- Eating to much or to fast
- Using alxohol, carbonated and energy drink, coffe etc.
- GERD and other gastrointestinal disorders
- Stroke or other brain and nerves disorders
- Excessive emotional stress
In most of the cases he should do one of the following measures to relieve the hiccups:
- Drink a glass of cold water very fast
- Put pressure on his tounge
- Hold on the breathing for 1 minutes
If this measures doesn't help he may ask his doctor for a medication. If you were my patient I would recommend to take Reglan or Chlorpromasine.
Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent hiccups and urinary tract infection
- What is the remedy for continuous hiccups
- Newborn hiccups remedy
- Persistent hiccups in diabetics
- What causes hiccups persistent hiccups
- Hiccups causes and remedies
- What is the remedy for the frequent and annoying hiccups
- Persistent hiccups
- Hiccups feeling sick taken medication no affect remedy
- Persistent hiccups for a diabetic and thyroid patient