question-icon

Suggest remedy for persistent heart palpitations

Posted on Fri, 4 Dec 2015
Question: I'm having racing heart, burning stabbing in center of chest, blood pressure is 168/105, the other day I went to stand up got dizzy and my legs felt tingly and numb to my knees
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Pls do get an EKG conducted first

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The first thing protocol demands is for me to request you to get an EKG done, this rules out the worst and gives comfortable room for a doctor to work towards looking into other causes for such a presentation. I would thus request you to get an EKG conducted first, and if all turns out well which I am hoping it does, then we can look into gastric causes.

Many gastric conditions can present in a manner that mimics heart related conditions. So once we safely rule out a heart associated condition, we can go about a few blood tests, ultrasound examination or even an upper GI endoscopy if required.

Please feel free to write to me for any clarifications or help, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan