Suggest remedy for persistent headache and nausea in a high BP patient

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: My 74-year-old husband takes high blood pressure medication and is becoming able to maintain a very reasonable reading with the addition of a diuretic. However, for three weeks, he has been experiencing a constant headache and nausea. His blood work is all normal, and he has had a positive EKG and MRI recently. What might be possible causes?
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Both of those medications do have headaches and nausea as side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. Please note that those medications individually ill cause headaches and nausea. The fact that he is taking both of them obviously makes this a possibility amplified. He might want to discuss with his physician to try different antihypertensives. Thnak you and good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T