Suggest remedy for persistent dizziness and vertigo

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I've the last couple of days I've had several transient episodes of a ligjhheaded dizzy feeling. Loss of balance feeling . Lasts a second or two . No pain. 69 year old male. Only heart problem is a mitral valve leak which hasn't been a problem to date. This. feeling has occurred about four times in the last three days. I feel completely fine before and after.?? Treated for high Bp controlled well. Over weight but I've been physically active this weekend with no ill effects . No chest pain
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice. ..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

What you are experiencing may be related to:
- Neurological issues
- Inner ear problems
- Cervical Spondiloarthrosis
- Anemia

This is why I would suggest to do the following examinations to find out what is causing your symptoms:
- blood work
- Cervical x ray
- audiogram and ENT specialist consultation

Meantime, I strongly recommend to drink plenty of waters and to avoid to stand up to fast from a sitting position.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu