Suggest remedy for persistent difficulty breathing
the diagnoses was COPD ??? I question this. I am using ox at this time via machine. I have been using oxicaton 25 mg 3 times a day for 14 years. I was switched to Fentanyl to which the switch is not working well. My Doc has left town for 30 days. rock and a hard place is where I am at this time.
COPD needs supportive care, and pain needs adequate painkillers
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. based your history fo breathing problems and repeated fungal infections, COPD is the likely diagnosis and nebulization , bronchodilators, supportive care and long term oxygen therapy are the only options at your age.
As far as the pain killers not working is concerned , it may be attributed to the recent colon surgery you had. Talk to the pain management expert and let them switch the dose or put you on PCA ( patient controlled analgesia ) if need be.
Nutshell, COPD needs supportive care with bronchodilators, oxygen and prompt treatment of any infection of airways and pain management needs adequate painkillers.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shoulder pain difficulty breathing
- Viral gastroenteritis difficulty breathing
- Has difficulty breathing after eating suggest
- Heartburn difficulty breathing burps suggestions
- Difficulty breathing and feeling weak
- Fluttering in chest difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing shortness of breath
- Oxyelite pro difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing heart palpitations
- Leg pain difficulty breathing
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...