Suggest remedy for persistent cough
It could be a result of allergy and the reflux disease.
Your cough seems to be a result of allergy which is getting worse due to the reflux disease.
You should avoid dust and smoke and sudden variations in ambient temperatures.
For the allergy, I suggest that you take Montair LC instead of claratyne and continue nasanex nasal spray.
You are taking all precautions for reflux disease and I suggest you continue with them. If reflux is not controlled with these, you may increase the dose of somac to twice a day. You should avoid regular use of buscopan. A prokinetic drug like itopride or lesuride may be added after consulting your local doctor.
You may get a PFT and AEC done some time as a baseline investigation
If despite all the above measures, your cough does not subside, then you may have to take seroflo 250 inhaler, 2 puffs twice a day, as it could be cough variant asthma which is also a manifestation of allergy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent cough in teenager
- Ticklish persistent cough
- Persistant cough and feeling shaky
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough despite taking antibiotics
- Persistent cough with heart palpitations
- Persistent cough diabetes
- Persistent coughing in cold weather
- Pain in the calf and persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough