Suggest remedy for persistent cough despite taking Prednisone
This happened to me last year and lasted for 3 to 4 months. Horrible coughing day and night.
I am 73 years old in very good condition. Play golf three to four times a week. Help, can't stand it anymore.
Need to rule out sinusitis and lower respiratory tract infections
Hi, Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for posting this query. I have gone through the query and understood your problem. I'll try my best to help you with this.
The symptoms described by you could be related to three conditions:
1. Acute sinusitis
2. Lower respiratory tract infection
3. Acid reflux disease
First of all, you need to get an X-Ray of the paranasal sinuses and the chest to rule out sinusitis and lower respiratory tract infection. Depending upon the investigation findings we need to proceed further. Also, nasal endoscopy can help in ruling out any intranasal issues.
Secondly, try doing steam inhalation 2-3 times in a day and drink plenty of warm water. Also, you can try using saline nasal spray.
Avoid chilled food and bevergares, smoking, coffee, fizzy drinks and oily food.
Thirdly, consult a good internist or a chest physician to rule out lung related issues.
Hope this answers your query. Revert back to me if you have any follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent cough in teenager
- Ticklish persistent cough
- Persistant cough and feeling shaky
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough despite taking antibiotics
- Persistent cough with heart palpitations
- Persistent cough diabetes
- Persistent coughing in cold weather
- Pain in the calf and persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough