Suggest remedy for persistent chest pain while coughing
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that facing your chest pain features (modulation with respiration, coughing, sneezing, and with posture), it doesn't seem to be cardiac ischemia related.
But, coming to this point it is necessary to perform a differential diagnosis of your chest pain.
Most probable causes of your complain are a musculoskeletal disorder, costochondritis, pleural or pericardial inflammation, or a radicular nerve disorder, etc.
Do you have experienced any flu like infection recently? Fever?
Any previous history of backbone degenerative damage? Are you overweight?
I recommend performing a medical check up by your attending physician (GP or internist) for a careful physical exam and some additional tests, like:
- resting ECG,
- chest X ray study including backbone investigation,
- cardiac ultrasound,
- compete blood count,
- AST & ALT,
Anti-inflammatory non-steroidal pain killers, like Naproxen, Ibuprofen, etc. would be beneficial in relieving chest pain.
You should discuss with your doctor about the above mentioned issues.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
If you have further uncertainties, do not hesitate to ask me!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scapular pain while coughing
- Symptoms of pain while coughing
- Chest pain while coughing
- Persisting chest pain numb breast gastroenteritis
- How is chest pain while coughing treated
- Treatment and cure for pain while coughing
- Electrical pains while coughing
- Diagnosis of pain while coughing
- Pain while coughing causes
- Chest pain while coughing or sneezing