Suggest remedy for persistent burning sensation in penis and anus

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, I'm a male who has received oral sex from a female sex worker. This was 21 weeks ago I have had burning on and in my penis and anus for at least 18 weeks. I tested neg for gonaria clym , Syphlis, herpes 1 and 2 igg test, hiv 4th gen and all three hep a b and c I tested at 6,10,14 and 19 weeks all times all negative for everything. I have a slight burning while urination. None of the burning is debilitating. The burning seems to get worse when I'm worried about this situation or any other problem. The burning is almost nonexistent when I'm laying down in bed so I don't think it anxiety. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urinary infection is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i must advise you to get urine routine and culture tested.
You should have done VDRL and HIV. If negative earlier, don't repeat.
There could be slight burning sensation from infection/ minimal inflammation.
Drink 10-12 glasses fluids daily.
Maintain good penile hygiene and avoid moisture.
You can take an alkaliser syrup mixed in fresh lime, twice daily.
If the urine culture shows infection, it'll need to be treated.
Wish you well.

Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 7 minutes later
Yes I took hiv test at 6. 10. 14. And 19 weeks. At those same intervals I tested for herpes 1 and 2 Igg test. Clym, gon, hepatitis a,b,c. And Syphlis The urine culture I took 5 times never showed signs of infection bacteria. Do you think these test at these weeks last full test panel was at 19 weeks are conclusive
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If reliable labs, need not repeat tests.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
If the labs where it was done are of good standard, it should be reliable.
Then there's no need to repeat it.
Just continue with the alkaliser syrup and drink liquids as mentioned.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 10 minutes later
Quest and Lab Core. Are those considered reliable? So at 19 weeks these should be considered conclusive at these labs? Are the Hiv and Herpes IGG blood test conclusive. Thank you. That's my last question. Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Standard labs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Quest diagnostics is supposed to be reliable, as is labcorp.
If you've not had an sexual exposure after that, you may not worry now.
Wish you well.