Suggest remedy for persistent back pain

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I am 37 years old and doing as a house wife. Mainly working in the kitchen only. For the past 3 months I am suffering with back pain. I have consulted the Ortho doctor and based on his advice I have taken pain killer tablet 2/day with Pan-D and did the physiotherapy of SWD and IFT one week, IPT and IFT one week with bed rest. There is a little improvement noticed. After that I have started working slowly and pain increased in low back with right side leg. Based on the doctor advice I am taking the following tablet with bed rest and physical exercise. 1. Thiospas 8mg -2/day, Evion LC-2/day, Prothiaden 75mg-1/day, Clozepam MD 0.5 - 1/day and Neurotrat LM-1/day. I have enclosed MRI scan report and blood test report for your reference. Request you advice to proceed further.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
If no relief with treatment then surgical decompression is permanent soluti

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case and seen REPORTS.

Your MRI says disc protrusion compressing bilateral descending nerve roots. Exiting nerve root which later on supply lower limb [leg].Due to compression of this nerve root there is back pain associated with it.

Continue medication and physiotherapy for few days more and take rest.
Spine extension exercises will help you.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.
If no relief with treatment then surgical decompression is permanent solution.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Thank you very much doctor for quick reply,
We have worried for the operation at spinal card, I request you to suggest the medicine or type of exercise to get relief of the pain. I am still in the bed rest and touches almost a months time.
What is the negative effect when we do the surgery at spinal.. Risk level?? So we are worried.
Request your suggestion please
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Due to advance technology, probability of complication is very less.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Take medicine consulting your doctor, you will get relief with spine extension exercises. Back press and back lift can be done by lying on bed supine with knee flexed. Your physiotherapist will help you for guided exercises.

Complication of spine surgery includes- persistent pain, wrong level operation, nerve injury, recurrence of pain, dural puncture.

But due to advance technology probability of complication is very less.