Suggest remedy for persistent abdominal pain

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: What can cause throbbing in the upper right side of the stomach
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely gastric discomfort.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Throbbing pain in right hypochondrium with history of antacids use and old age is very likely a manifestation of gastric discomfort like gastritis. Possibility of gall bladder , pancreas or bile ducts involvement can be considered if the home remedies and medications don't help.

Take some pepto, some proton pump inhibitor like nexium or any other antacid and modify diet and lifestyle like avoiding spices, eating small frequent meals, avoiding chocolates and sweets, processed foods and fatty meal.

If the pain persists for more than 48 hours talk to your doctor and let them run some labs to rule out other possibilities but i am sure it wont come to that.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan