question-icon

Suggest remedy for peeling skin on the penis head

Posted on Sat, 2 Jul 2016
Question: Hi, I have skin peeling (almost like it's been grazed) on the head of my penis. I always dry (not aggressively) and cream my penis (Nivea Cream).

Answered by Dr. Dr. S. Murugan (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Irritant balanitis or genital psoriasis are the possibilities.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
I saw the picture sent by you.
If it was followed by the application of Nivea cream, we can think of the possibility of balanitis due to the application.
Avoid applications of cream over penis without the advice or supervision of your physician.
Genital Psoriasis is the other possibility.
Apply some bland oil like liquid paraffin or coconut oil. If you have not observed any improvement within two days, consult a dermatologist and get well.
Dr S.Murugan
Dr. Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist