question-icon

Suggest remedy for peeling of skin on hand

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: What should I do to stop the my hand skin from peeling ?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (31 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Mix topical steroid and moisturizer (1:1) and apply twice daily.

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have taken note of your query and I hope to answer it well.

You seem to have extreme dryness of skin of palms manifesting as peeling of skin.

You may mix an equal amount of a topical steroid cream e.g clobetasol propionate 0.05% cream along with your moisturizer and apply twice daily, for 2 weeks.
Thereafter you may continue just with the moisturizer.

Soaps also cause dryness of skin of palms. Therefore I suggest you to apply a moisturizer every time after washing hands with soaps.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist