• question-icon

Suggest remedy for painless and soft moveable lymph node in neck

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Ive had a painless soft moveable lymphnode in my neck for 2months. Bloodwork came back good except 1.5 bilirubin. Also have stomache cramps light color stool
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some further details regarding..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX, Welcome to HCM,

I can understand your concern in this regard..

Dear can you please explain something regarding the swelling so that I can have some further clarity to work on it and guide you further in a better way..

Since when are you experiencing this ?

Are you sure it's a lymph node (because soft and movable is not characteristic of lymph nodes).. however if it's previously examined by any physician then it might be (nothing's obvious in medical science , u know)..

Any other problems ? Any other medical/surgical problems ?

Any specific medications are you on for any ailments (if at all) ?

Apart from bilirubin (which I believe came as a part of your LFT), what all investigations have you underwent so far ?? Can you please share those reports(You can simply upload them ) ? Have you undergone any USG / FNAC of neck ?

What about the stomach cramps ??

Since when you're experiencing them ?

Any fever/vomiting/nausea/indigestion/loose motion ?

Any loss of appetite / Weight loss ?

What's the color of the stool to be specific(whitish / brownish / blackish)? Any constipation lately ?

Have you consulted any doctor before this ? Any diagnosis ?? Any specific treatment ?

Any history of Smoking / alcohol / TB / Asthma ??

Please take a moment and go through these questionnaire so that we can establish a proper conclusion in this regard..

By the way 1.5 of Bilirubin(total if you meant) doesn't raise any alarm since it's still under the normal limits , but please mention the complete liver function test in this regard..

You should know that human body is an integrated unit and no organ can perform without another's support , so an isolated value just isn't enough to signify any specific disorder..

Please feel free and just let me know your queries in details so that I can guide you in a better way..

Kind Regards..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 47 minutes later
I am on lexapro for anxiety i have severe anxiety concerning health issues. It is definately a lymphode because i asked my doc and it is not really getting bigger but also not going away i noticed it a couple monts agoi had a tooth pulled a couple of weeks ago due to a really big cavity but it was swollen before and after the stomach cramps have been going on for years and i have frequent bowel movements no constipation and the cramps are located in the lower abdomen mainly when sitting down snd radiatr to the groin. My stools have often contained undigestef food and are a yellowish brown color i am a hypochondriac and worried about pancreatic cancer because i know that could also cause swollen lymphnodes
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Relax.. you need to relax a bit..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX, Welcome back to HCM,

Dear I've gone through all of your reports and let me assure you that all of them are just fine .. (like I've already explained explained earlier that an isolated level of 1.5 Bilirubin doesn't signify anything)..

At first I need you to take a deep breath and not to jump for the reply immediately.. instead take your time , go through my previous reply (you haven't reply even half of the queries, which can be pretty significant to narrow down the ailment, if there is at all)..

Location is important , can you specify which part of the neck is this swelling, you can simply upload a picture to let me have a look at it ..

Also which tooth got pulled out , that's also important , so please clarify that..

As fer as Hypochondriasis goes , you really need to beat that as much as you can, just have faith and you'll be able to do it..

Your only 23 , what's wrong, feel free to tell me, why are you even thinkin about Pancreatic cancer ??

To tell you the least , your symptoms are matching with a thousand disorders in our medical books but that doesn't mean that we get worried about all of them at an instance cause it's just not rational..

My advice, sit down with yourself, stop thinking about what others think and for once think and search inside of you what's wrong , from where all this fear is coming ? any body sick in the family ? any friend perhaps ??

Stool is meant to contain undigested food particles my dear , don't worry about that unless you actually feel something abnormal about it (yellowish-brown is just fine!!), like loose motion on-off, any red color motion, too frequent motion and several others..

Is there any history of smoking/alcoholism (if there is then I'd advice to stop it immediately with proper guidance) cause they tend to worsen the scenario..

Yes, do continue Lexapro , if possible share me the details since when you're on it and how much etc. so that we can titrate the dosage (is there any other drug also , even in recent past ??)

Please take a moment and go through the reply(this one as well as the previous one) and like I said , take a breath , relax yourself first then reply them one by one..nothing to hurry..

By the way are you studying ? working ? please share the details(which stream of study , if working then what kind of work, ) , cause it's the day to day life which affects the most!!!!!!

Please take care of yourself.. don't worry so much..

Get back to me whenever you feel like.. I'll be glad to guide you ..

Take Care..

Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 22 minutes later
Okay im taking 20 mg lexapro i do smoke never drank its underneath my jaw i am working full time and going to school full time. And possibly too frequent motion as i have to go immediately after eating and two teeth top right wisdom and the one next to it due to decay
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow the advises.. maintain a healthy lifestyle..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back dear,

It's good to know that you're working so hard, keep it up , good job..

My advice at this point would be to continue Lexapro, nothing too serious at this point..

However if the swelling is not regressing then it would be ideal to go for a USG of the neck and a thorough physical examination by a general surgeon to decide whether to do a FNAC as a further course of action..

In the meanwhile please avoid smoking..

The abdominal problems are indicating towards irritable bowel syndrome, but it's nothing major at this point(even smoking and severe anxiety can cause this as well)..

Try to drink a lot of water , keep yourself hydrated..

Include a lot veggies in your diet , specially the green leafy ones.. Try natural probiotic like yogurt daily, it'll help you you with this.. Also try to avoid fatty , greasy , spicy foods as they ten to worsen this further..

The oral cavity needs to be examined also for any residual infection and or further decay , so please follow up routinely with your dentist..

But none of this too serious, so as i've already mentioned , just relax..

Take Care of yourself , with timely and routinely follow-ups, everything will get back to it's normalcy..

Kind Regards

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist