Suggest remedy for painful lump in eyebrow post injury

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: I am 65 yrs old, on Coumadin xxxxxxx and walked into a plate glass door about 40 minutes ago giving myself a good bump on the left eyebrow. It is now reddish and forming a bump. Should I seek attention or wait and see? No other real overt symptoms except it's a bit painful and a very slight (anxiety related?) nausea. Have also just eaten.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait and watch.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
People on Anti coagulants are always at high risk of bleeding.
Now the traumatic exposure you had doesn't seem to be very significant to warrant investigations.
So I would recommend you to wait and watch. If your swelling increase or you get any severe headache then you may require a CT head.
CT head is indicated in cases if head injury when a person has loss of consciousness, ear or nose bleed following trauma.
So for you I would say just wait and watch.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.