Suggest remedy for painful intercourse

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: im married its been 50 days unable to do interscourse really scared of doing and cant bear pain pls help giving some medication so it doesent pain at all my husband is also uppset with me and i will spoil my married life pls help and suggest some medicine so taht i dont feel pain he told me to take some anaesthetic

lox gel will makes vagina numb or not suggest some medicine either
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relaxation, pain killer, lignocaine gel and sex counseling are useful

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern.

Many females like you suffer froms problem in sex life initially after marriage. Initially in some females until hymen is completely broken there is pain for 2-3 intercourse. Later on there will be no pain. Even in some females there is no pain at all with first attempt of sex. And many do not feel any hymen breaking as hymen is already broken before due to some strenuous activity or during playing sports.

First of all you need to relax yourself about sex life. You would be able to enjoy sex if you can control your apprehension with positive approach.

You can spare more time in foreplay so you would have enough lubrication which helps in preventing pain.

You can take pain killer medicine like diclofenac or ibuprofen before 2 hours of sex to prevent pain. Gradually you can reduce dose to half tablet after 4-5 intercourse. After initial experiences you will also learn that pain is pleasurable overall.

Even after such attempts you feel pain you can use lignocaine anaesthetic gel. It should be applied before sex. However it may affect orgasm also you may not have any feelings at all. Your husband may also feel difficulty in orgasm if lignocaine gel comes in contact with penis. Better that he use condom when you use lignocaine gel.
I suggest consulting gynecologist for lignocaine gel prescription. You should apply small amount to check sensitivity and allergy. In 2 hours no reaction (itching,swelling) is there you can use it safely.

Finally if you would not succeed at all better to consult some psychiatrist/sexologist with your husband for detail sex couple counselling and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 minutes later
how about lox gel it will be painful after applying lox gel also and how much time before i should apply.

im so much scared of pain i cant even bear injection pain i have phobia of pain but now situation has becomw worse as it will be 2 month stomorrow and my entire family is aware about it in laws and parents and i have to hear a lot from them request to please help that i feel no pain and it happen smoothly how about brufen tablet how much time before i should take
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes lox is lignocaine gel, not at all painful

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Lox gel should be applied 5 minutes before intercourse. It is anesthetic gel and applying the same will not cause any pain.
You can take brufen tablet before 2 hours of sex.

Your problem is social issue now. As well as yo have some phobia of other pain also.But it is treatable with counseling.

Consulting nearby psychiatrist with your husband will surely help.
(Psychiatrist is by degree a sexologist also and used to deal with such problems)

Feel free to discuss further.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 19 hours later
sir lox gel was very much lubricated but problem happened last night was i started moving and my husband got annoyed and very upset he told me let me do it with finger i said no not with finger it will pain and he got irritated and said do whatever you want to thi smorning also he didnt spoke to me he was like i will see more day or 2 or else let sdivorce today we completed 2 months and no intercourse he is really annoyed upset with me pls advise and lox gel was lubricated but not numb suggest some medicine gel that makes numb vagina and i dont feel pain and with finger i will feel pain im sure im upset as i dont want to leave him he is so upset that he is ready to give me divorce if it doesent happen in a day or so
Brief Answer:
use brufen and lox gel, relax and move ahead

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I can understand your worry.

I suggest using both use brufen and lox gel today. I am sure that you would not have any pain. Allow your husband with finger. In my opinion with finger there will be even no pain as diameter of finger is less than that of penis.
To save your married life you have to be relaxed and try to cooperate with husband.
Please do not be apprehensive about pain and move ahead you will succeed.

Note: In general with 2% lignocaine gel there should be good effect. However you can use 5% if pain is there. But you need to consult doctor personally for the same.

All the best.