question-icon

Suggest remedy for pain while walking after the cortisone shots

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: I have a large bone spur on the back of my heel (achilles tendonitis). It is very painful and inhibits my walking comfortably even after cortisone shots. My podiatrist does not recommend surgery because I am 76 years old. What can I do to be active again? Is there any treatment you can recommend that will free me of this pain? I'd be grateful for any suggestions you may give me. XXXXXXX Damsteegt
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT).

Detailed Answer:

You can go for Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT). During this procedure, high-energy shockwave impulses stimulate the healing process in damaged tendon tissue.it is noninvasive—it does not require a surgical incision. You can discuss this with your podiatrist.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement