Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest remedy for pain on sides and chest on smoking crystal meth

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
Iam 25 years old female just delivered 5 months ago a healthy baby girl 4 weeks after I chose the implanon as a birth control method about 2months ago I started smoking crystal meth again I notice it effects my body much more when I use I get chest pain arm pain my left arm also crampy tingly sensation and intense anxiety iam also under alot of stress iam going threw a break up I also have pregnacy symptoms and other symptoms I've never experienced pulsing pressure points sharp pain in my sides I never experienced so many symptoms while using crystal meth can my implanon be interacting with the meth use
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No proven interaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for posting your concern in the HCM.
Firstly, I am shocked to know that you delivered only 5 months back and now you are on crystal meth. I can understand that you are possible going through the worst days of your life. But, this cannot justify taking a substance that is so harmful.
Secondly, I can say crystal meths can affect virtually any organ system. It is also a potent neurotoxic, that can cause progressive and irreversible damage.
There is no proven interaction between implanon and meths.
I think they are due to meths only and have been killing you.
But, to quit that, you need psychiatrist consultation to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Also you need to cope with this stress. You need to be resilient enough to fight this.
If you need any further information, please write back.
Dr. Kaushik
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist