Suggest remedy for pain on pectoral muscles

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have a stabbing pain below my right Pectoral muscle about 5 ribs up from the bottom the stabbing pain comes and goes but there is a constant dull pain and I have no other symptoms with it and it's more on the side of my body not in the front
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it seems to be a muscular pain as you are giving the history , since their is no history of trauma any fracture rib is ruked out , no cough or fever so pleurisy is also ruled out . I think nothing much is required at this time .

You can take paracetamol tablet if required for pain relief , but if any other symptom appears then further evaluation will be necessary.

Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
its almost feels like a cramp can that be internal or muscle or rib out or something
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for reverting back.

I think it s a muscular pain that is troubling you rather then anything else.

Dr. Shruti