Suggest remedy for pain on pectoral muscles

Rheumatologist
Question
I have a stabbing pain below my right Pectoral muscle about 5 ribs up from the bottom the stabbing pain comes and goes but there is a constant dull pain and I have no other symptoms with it and it's more on the side of my body not in the front
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it seems to be a muscular pain as you are giving the history , since their is no history of trauma any fracture rib is ruked out , no cough or fever so pleurisy is also ruled out . I think nothing much is required at this time .

You can take paracetamol tablet if required for pain relief , but if any other symptom appears then further evaluation will be necessary.

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Suggest remedy for pain on pectoral muscles 2 hours later
its almost feels like a cramp can that be internal or muscle or rib out or something

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for reverting back.

I think it s a muscular pain that is troubling you rather then anything else.

Dr. Shruti