Suggest remedy for pain in the heel

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Diabetes
Question: dear doctor,

my age 31.
my medical history
i am having type2 diabetis.monthly checkup regulary i done(under control).

Now
last five days my rightside heel having PAIN .
please help
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Heel Pain

Detailed Answer:
Sorry to hear about your problem.

I see your diabetes is well controlled so that is good.

Heel pain can have many causes.

A simple Xray will help rule out a fracture.

Sometimes vitamin D deficiency causes bone pain in various parts of the body.

A simple blood test called '25 hydroxy vitamin D' can be performed to assess the body's vitamin D stores. This test can be done at any time of the day or night and does not requ8ire fasting.

It is also a good idea to do routine blood tests such as CBC and liver/kidney/electrolytes/calcium and TSH along with uric acid to look for other potential causes such as gout and thyroid problems