Suggest remedy for pain in testicles

Dr. Binod Kumar Pati

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi there,
Been treated for Gonorrhea like sympptoms for 23 days now. In order of treatment: Took levaquin (5 days) Doxy (300mg/day for 10 days) flagyl (2mg dose one time) azithromyacin (1mg dose 8 days ago) a shot of ceftraxone (250mg 7 days ago) and now cipro (2x day 5 days ago). Still have burning when I pee, pain in testicles. Docs dont know what it is. Urinalaysis, herpes swab and gonoreah, chlymidia all negative. Please help? The pain in my testicles is the worst symptom. I am also worried I will pass on whatever I have to my partner, so we have not been having sex. This was contracted after having sex with someone outside my relationship, so there is a good deal of anxiety and guilt associated with symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed clinical exam from an expert will help.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Coming directly to the issue:
Do get a consultation from a urologist and get a detailed history taking and physical examination done. Because many a times non infectious etiology result in similar complain. There might be an association of a viral infection though.
If you can tell me how the diagnosis of Gonorrhoea was made, that might help me understand the problem better. Was it laboratory proven?
A colour doppler of of testes and an ultrasound of abdomen with special focus on kidney and urinary tract may help.
I don't think presence of any more pathogenic bacteria in your urinary tract, after looking in to your antibiotic ingestion history. So practice of a safe sex with your partner may be considered.

However my sincere advice to you will be to always wear barrier protection, whenever practicing sexual activity with commercial sex workers.

Please get back to me, if you want more. I will be happy to help.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj